Well I was honestly feeling Happy May-ness until I typed so fast and clicked things on the laptop without realising and completely deleted my huge blog entry that I’d just written…
So now, I’m just going to summarize (oh shaaame, all my cool hyperlinking, pics and anecdotes gone!)
Basically I just wanted to say that the last two months have been awesome. And I wanted to thank you guys for being so supportive and lovely and involved. So genuinely, a big THANK YOU.
Here’s what’s happened in short:
· Did three more shows with Mark in Wollongong (Yours and Owls) and Canberra (The Front)
· Visited Katie Noonan (in Paulie Bromley’s studio) in Brisbane for a day (prize for winning Pie Jam contest last year). Did a little bit of recording and plenty of talking; receiving really helpful advice about music and business!
· Came up with a new initiative with my manager, Nicole, called Home Sweet Home. Such a cool event that took off to a great start! Four acts (Mark Wilkinson + We Are the Birdcage + Lissa + ILUKA) performed unplugged in a lounge room to about 50 people. Candles, coffee, lamingtons and bunting made the night feel very cosy and special. New friendships made, talented artists uncovered and a new favourite event is now on the Sydney scene – Home Sweet Home!!
· Put on an under 18s gig with Andrew Drummond (great idea Andrew!!). This was such a lovely chance to thank you to our younger fans who support us a lot and get involved a lot online with our music. It was such a great atmosphere and everyone enjoyed themselves immensely! I had the pleasure of inviting one of my piano students to come up and perform one of her own songs – she did an amazing job! Proud teacher moment for me!
· New video – a mashup of Bon Iver’s ‘Holocene’ and Matt Corby’s ‘Brother’ on piano. Check it out!
· Just found out TODAY that I’ve made it into the finalist list for the singer/songwriter category for the Musicoz Awards 2012. Although the judges will be selecting winners, there is also a People’s Choice Award too. If you’d like to vote for me, that’d be lovely!
May 2 – Folk Club at Hotel Hollywood in Surry Hills (Patrick James + The Falls + Lissa)
May 11 – supporting Jake Nauta at the Clarendon, Katoomba
May 17 – supporting Jess Harlen from Melbourne who is launching a new album at Notes in Newtown (Jess Harlen + Lissa + Anthony Ousback) BUY TICKETS!
May 25 - ‘Little Features' at Hibernian House (The Former Love + Lissa + The Falls + Charlie Gradon + Matthew De Montfort)
And lots more songwriting! Woo!
Thanks again guys for helping making this music journey worthwhile. Talk to or even better, see you sometime soon!!